Thursday, June 21, 2012

World of Art

This was originally just an illustrative piece done for myself. It somewhat translates my feelings at the time, which were of peace, tranquility, and most of all creativity. It was voted image of the week for Photoshop Creative magazine and the cover image for ArtFlow magazine.


I had first approached this piece as a pencil sketch and thought to create a base scene in 3D for shadow and reflection references that I just wouldn't have otherwise. During the 3D construction I decided to just create the whole scene in 3D, however, towards the end I realized everything was too stiff and I wanted a more relaxed cartoony style and so I started over using my 3D render as a reference as I had intended to do from the beginning. You can view the sketch and 3D render, along with some other details, on my site at RyanNore.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment